Our grants provide funding to many wonderful organizations and causes. Through grantmaking, we are able to strengthen our community and allow focus to shift from financial insecurities and remain on Catholic ministry.
The Catholic Community Foundation focuses on strengthening the community through fund development and grantmaking in support of Catholic ministry. Our grants are made possible through the generous philanthropy of the donors who contributed to the funds of the Rooted in Faith capital campaign of the Diocese of San Jose as well as those donors who have created new funds.
Grant Process and Guidelines
Grants by Application
Spring Grant Funds
As appropriate, applications can be submitted by a parish, diocesan department or Catholic organization that state the proposed usage of the funds. An annual report is required if funds are granted. Applications are restricted to the following funds:
- Apolonia Andre Fund for Liturgical Music
- Parish Outreach
- Parish Stewardship
- Pastoral Ministry Training & Formation
Diocesan Department Funds
The Diocesan Department in charge of the designated programs may apply for a grant from the appropriate fund. An annual report on usage of the funds is required. Funds restricted for Diocesan Department applications:
- Cathedral Basilica
- Catholic Education Tuition Assistance
- Diaconate Training
- Institute for Leadership in Ministry
- Parish Repair and Refurbishment
- Seminarian Education
- Social Justice
- Young Adult Ministry
- Youth Ministry Staff
The Bishop may apply for a grant from this fund. An application stating the purpose of the funds and an annual report on usage of the funds are required. Available funds:
- Parish Acquisition and Construction
2017 Grant Application Deadline: Friday, March 31, 2017
- No late applications will be accepted.
- We only grant to Catholic organizations; no grants to individuals
- We do not grant funds for staff salaries; however short-term (<12 months) contract based projects are considered
- All requests must be submitted through our online application
- Parishes may only submit one application per fund/category
- Diocesan offices may only submit one application per department
- The applicant will receive acknowledgement of receipt within 14 days.
- The Foundation may request an interview of the appropriate parties associated with the project during the review process.
- The Grants Committee of the Board of Directors of the Foundation will review all applications and make final decisions on grants.
- Applicants will be notified of the results of the process by June 3, 2017.
- Successful applicants will be required to sign an Agreement before the Foundation disburses any funds.
- Funds will be disbursed within 30 days after receipt of the executed Agreement.
- All grant recipients must submit a report on the project by April 15th of the following year. If an an applicant received a grant in any of these areas in 2016, a report on that activity must be received by April 15, 2017, in order for any 2017 grant application to be considered.
- Any unused funds must be returned to the Foundation.
- Successful applicants should notify the Foundation and give us the opportunity to be included in any promotional materials or press releases related to the program funded wholly or in part by the Foundation.
- An announcement of the grant should be placed in the weekly bulletin, website, etc.
Two-Year Grant Program
During the 2017 Spring Grant Cycle the Foundation is considering a two-year grant program, only in the category of Parish Outreach. The two-year grant will guarantee the selected recipient(s) the same dollar amount during the 2017 and 2018 Spring Grant Cycles.
After submitting the regular application, select Parish Outreach applicants, chosen by the Grants Committee, will have the opportunity to complete the supplemental two-year application portion. The additional portion will ask for information such as program sustainability, long-term impact, and need of the community.
Funds may only be used for the specific purpose outlined in the submitted application. Recipients of the Two-Year Grant Award will be required to report in December 2017 and 2018, and April of 2018 and 2019. These reports will outline the progress, activities, and usage of the grant funds.
The Foundation reserves the right to revoke the second year of funding if the above requirements are not met, the program/organization ceases to exist, or at the Grants Committee’s discretion.
Please note: The Grants Committee and Board of Directors may decide not to award any Two-Year Grants.
If you have any questions, please contact Marie Galetto: 408.995.5219 x.21, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for a Grant
Catholic organizations may apply to receive grants during our Spring Grant Cycle. Grants are restricted to the following funds:
Apolonia Andre Fund for Liturgical Music
This fund supports the development of parish liturgical music programs, aimed at enriching parish worship life and strengthening our communities around the Eucharistic celebration.
Amount available for 2017 Grant Cycle: $3,900.
This fund allows us to support our parish social ministries, increasing their outreach and effectiveness.
Amount available for 2017 Grant Cycle: $82,500.
This fund grants in support of parish efforts to increase stewardship.
Amount available for 2017 Grant Cycle: $60,300.
Pastoral Ministry Training and Formation
This fund grants in support of faith formation programs.
Amount available for 2017 Grant Cycle: $72,600.
Grant Workshop Schedule
Grant Applicant Workshops
- Monday, February 13, 2017, 5:30 – 6:30PM – Our Lady of Refuge
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 5:00 – 6:00PM – St. Martin, Sunnyvale
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 6:00 – 7:00PM – Holy Family, Youth Hall
All grantees are required to announce the grant they received to their community. Please feel free to use and adapt the text and images below for your announcements!
[Parish/Organization Name]’s [Program Name] was awarded a grant from the Catholic Community Foundation of Santa Clara County! This grant [include grant amount if desired] will help us achieve our goal of [program goal]. Thank you to [applicant name] for submitting a successful grant application! For more information about the Catholic Community Foundation, visit cfoscc.org.
|CCF Logo Picture|
Grants Results 2016
In 2016, the Foundation granted a total of $232,400 through its Spring Application cycle, including a $25,000 matching grant from John M. Sobrato. The following funds were granted in each category:
|Apolonia Andre Fund for
|Parish Outreach||Parishes only||$84,850|
|Parish Stewardship||Parishes and Diocesan Stewardship||$61,500|
|Pastoral Ministry Training||Catholic organizations in
Grant Result Reports
2017 Grant Recipients
2016 Grant Recipients